About Tracy

My photo
High Profile Publicist Travelling Cool Places Doing Interesting Things

Sunday, July 21, 2019

A Rasta Elder Names Me "MamaFire" In The Mountains Of Jamaica



  I told the story on Facebook right after it happened.   I'm not going to rewrite it.  I'm just going to leave this here just the way I told it there.

                    


I just had an hour long conversation with this #rastaman named Leo - the brother of our host who owns the local #jamaican #resort where we are staying and a respected elder in the community

He said he is giving me a new name “Mama Fire” because I am “stronger than a thousand tourists, strong heart, don’t need nobody, kind, but fire if someone does wrong....” and a whole lot of other things I can’t remember.

Then when Dave came over after talking to us very seriously for awhile about how amazed we are that we are even here, that someone else paid for the trip and we can’t believe we even have this opportunity he said something about the next time we come and I said “oh I hope I will be able to”

...and he said “Don’t hope, believe it will happen. There is a reason you are here and when I look at you both I see this - listen to me - I see this in you. This is your time.”

                                                                                                               
Like I said before, when a Rasta elder hands you the gift of ganja.... you enjoy!


When I posted about that on Facebook - the consensus was that it was a perfect name for me.

My friends back in North America call me that to this day...






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Other Side - Hollyweird and the Museum of Death (and Serial Killers) 6031 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA

        The Other Side - Hollyweird & The Museum of Death (and Serial Killers)                                                          ...